La Palette The Art of Food!!!!!

Blueberry Tart, 6" x 6", Oil on Board, Bridget Grady

Right here in Watertown we have an incredible bakery run by artists! This painting was torture because it took all my will not to eat this scrumptious, blueberry tart!!! I did however buy another in order to be able to truly immerse myself in the exquisite experience of this confection :). It is my personal belief that this form of participation brings honesty to the painting process, and of course adds integrity to the research aspect of the artwork. Yep, that’s my story and I’m sticking to it!( I think some further research into those Key Lime tarts might be required in the future:)).

Not only are the Perez’s artisans in the kitchen they are also professional artists, both visually and musically. Debra and Oscar Perez are nationally respected fine art restorers and painters and both Carlos and Oscar are musicians. Le Palette  brings its tasty wares to the Farmers Market on Saturday's in Watertown. So after you have finished eating your  locally grown, organic, vegetables you can pick up a tasty dessert! Strawberry Rhubarb Pie….too die for!

 Below are  some links to articles  with more information on La Palette.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/02/nyregion/02qbitect.html

Comments

Popular Posts