Crystal Spring Farm

This is a reminder that the Jayne family/Crystal Spring Farm benefit pasta dinner will be held to today. (See the earlier post). The event will be held at the VFW, Route 6, Thomaston, Connecticut. The hours are from 5-8PM. Many area merchants and restaurants have generously donated gifts for raffle prizes for the event. T- Shirts donated from the Shirt Bakery will be available for a ten dollar donation. If you live in the area please stop by in and participate in a good cause.Thank You!


The other day I found some old photographs in drawer of a cabinet that my grandfather made to hold his paints. My grandfather Sydney P. Wells was a painter. His primary motif was flowers picked from his garden and the rural landscape of the area. My mother started riding when I was about three years old at Crystal Spring Farm. Kitchen table legend has it that during one of her first riding lessons with Bud Jayne, the horse she rode, “Kathan”, jumped the four foot fence out of the ring. She stayed on both the horse and the farm and thus began my long relationship with horses. Horses from the farm and around the area began to wander into my grandfather’s paintings. Among the old polaroid images of area farms I found some circa 1966 pictures of Art Jayne with one of the racehorses the bred at the farm.

Comments

Popular Posts