Crystal Spring Farm


Our good friends, The Jayne family, had a fire last Thursday at their farm on Northfield Road. There will be a benefit dinner fundraiser on June 24 from 5-8 PM at the VFW Post 5157 located at 866 Thomaston Road (Route 6). The dinner will include a raffle. The cost is a $10 dollar donation. For more information contact Tina Biello at (203) 525-7863. Thanks.







My early artistic training began on this farm. It is a piece of the story behind the Blue Horse Studio name. Hours of drawing horses at the kitchen table. Copying Thellwell ponies, horse photos from the Chronicle of the Horse and other racing magazines, or making up my own stories about the animals and people at the farm. This was always done with constant encouragement from Art’s mother, Ginny Jayne. I learned to see angles and compositional balance from studying the anatomy and conformation of the horse. Nature and the seasons were observed and digested on the back of a horse or on the front of a tractor, with a stuffed animal tucked under my arm, in the hay fields with Art. I was too young then to drive the McCormack or John Deere. That was a privilege that had to wait until I was seven or eight. However my 4 year old contribution to his sweat simmered labor was to occasionally put the pin in to the hitch of the hay wagon while ducking barn swallows perturbed by our presence in the field. The Farm is where I learned my work ethic, for to be a farmer requires the utmost in perseverance. The Farm was the best of my childhood and I am sure I share that with many others who had the privilege of growing up there.
If you would like to make a personal donation to the family farm please send donations to;
The Jayne Family Farm Fund
P.O. Box 416
Watertown, Connecticut
06795.
Further contact information can be obtained from Lisa Dalton, at the Watertown Town Clerk Office, Watertown, CT.
 Keep checking back for updates.

Comments

Popular Posts